Now hosting free community tax clinics at his community office, 701 Rossland Rd. E., Suite 204, Whitby. The Community Volunteer Income Tax Clinics are offered from Monday to Friday between 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. During this time you may take advantage of either the drop off /pick up service for your return, or call 905-665-8182 to make an office appointment.
The program will be offered to individuals who have low to modest income and a simple tax situation.
The income tax and benefit returns will be prepared by a volunteer under the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program. This volunteer is not acting as an agent of the Canada Revenue Agency.
Maximum income levels:
|Taxpayer status||Family income|
|Single Person||up to $30,000|
|Couple||up to $40,000|
|One adult with one child||up to $35,000|
For each additional dependant add $2,500 to the family income. The taxpayer should not have interest income of more than $1,000.
Volunteers should not prepare complex returns, such as returns for individuals who:
– have self-employment income
– have business or rental income and expenses
– have capital gains or losses
– have employment expenses
– file for bankruptcy
– deceased in the year
Information slips that may be necessary:
– T4, Statement of Remuneration Paid
– T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement Annuity and other Income
– T5, Statement of Investment Income
– T5007 Statement of Benefits
– RC62, Universal Child Care Benefit Statement
– T4E, Statement of Employment Insurance and other Benefits
– T4A(P), Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
– T4A(OAS), Statement of Old Age Security
– T4RSP, Statement of RRSP Income
– T2202A, Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate
For further information please contact the Constituency Office.